My favorite part of a wedding is the “getting ready” some people call it “making of” or simply, “preparation” of the bride and groom. It is important to have these moments prior to the ceremony captured by your photographer, specially the bride and bridesmaids.
Here are some tips for all the brides-to-be, about how to create the perfect getting ready timeline, from www.brides.com:
The #1 secret to a stress-free wedding day? Scheduling ample hair and makeup time for you and your bridesmaids. By including enough prep time in your wedding-day schedule, you’ll arrive at the ceremony venue relaxed and ready to go, with plenty of time to spare. Otherwise, if hair and M.U run late, everything else will be behind schedule for the rest of the day. So, to help you make it to the church on time, follow our getting-ready guide.
• When the hairstylist arrives, have her start on the bridesmaids, first, while the MUA begins with the bride.
• Book the photographer to arrive one hour before the bride is ready to go. That way, he or she will be able to shoot those “finishing touches” shots, like the bride applying lip gloss or having a flower pinned to her hair. This also gives your photographer plenty of time to capture those oh-so-important detail shots — your gown on a hanger, shoes, jewelry, purse, etc. — in addition to the hustle and bustle of the room.
• If you have yourself plus four bridesmaids, allot at least four hours of getting-ready time. That may seem like a lot, but trust us, it’s just enough!
• If you have more than yourself plus four bridesmaids getting your hair done, ask your stylist to bring an assistant to cut down on time. For makeup, add an assistant after yourself plus two.
• If you’re traveling to a salon, double the travel time you anticipate — better to have too much time than not enough.
Sample Getting-Ready Timelime:* brides.com
(4 p.m. ceremony start time; hair and makeup for the bride and four bridesmaids*)
10:00 a.m.Bride’s makeup
Bridesmaid #1’s hair
10:30 a.m.Bridesmaid #2’s hair
11:00 a.m.Bridesmaid #3’s hair
Bridesmaid #1’s makeup
11:30 a.m.Bridesmaid #4’s hair
11:45 a.m.Bridesmaid #2’s makeup
12:00 p.m.Lunch is delivered
12:30 p.m.Photographer arrives to take “getting ready” and “details” photos
Bridesmaid #3’s makeup
1:15 p.m.Bridesmaid #4’s makeup
2:00 p.m.All hair and makeup complete
Wedding party photos
4:00 p.m.Ceremony begins